Just another Blogger Blog, I Blog Everything but sometimes Nothing

No bikini for Miss Indonesia



Miss Indonesia Qory Sandioriva who has come under fire from Muslim clerics for not wearing a headscarf, says she won't be wearing a bikini in the 2010 Miss Universe pageant.

"No, I will wear a one-piece swimsuit."

"This is the rule from the Indonesian board and I think I don’t have to show too much skin to be able to achieve something in the pageant, just like Artika Sari Devi (Miss Indonesia 2004)," she told the Jakarta Globe in an interview.

On her headscarf controversy, Qory who was born to a Sundanese father and an Acehnese mother but raised in Jakarta, said it was a mistake.

"I said I took off my headscarf, when in fact I don’t wear a headscarf on a daily basis. Standing there on the stage, I was so nervous."

"I never imagined I would win the contest. I kept thinking, would the board choose me, an Aceh representative, with the controversy?

"So I was very groggy that night. I meant to say I got permission to join the pageant, not that I got permission to take off the headscarf."




During the pageant earlier this month Qory was quoted as saying: "I don’t wear a headscarf because I think hair is part of a woman’s beauty."

The beauty queen who beat 37 other contestants, won several prizes, including a new car, an apartment and Rp 10 million, (RM3,565) which she donated to victims of the earthquake in West Sumatra.

Qory, a French literature student at the University of Indonesia plans to spend her year absorbed in promotional activities and charity work, while preparing for next year’s Miss Universe pageant.

She was good at pencak silat (a traditional martial art) and a champion in high school.

She wanted to be an Armed Forces general but now wants to be a diplomat.

Asked about her bad habits, she said she falls asleep easily.

"Many people call me Ms. Pillow"
- Jakarta Globe




0 comments:

Post a Comment

Chat Here!

Followers

general, music, games, hobbies, sports, movies, celebrity, entertainment, services, 18sx, sex = males or female.

BlogMalaysia.com

Blogged.my
Celebrity Blogs - BlogCatalog Blog Directory

Blog Archive

Disclaimer

All images are sourced from the internet. We claim no credit for any images or videos featured on this site unless otherwise noted.If you own rights to any of the images or videos, and do not wish them to appear on this site, please contact us via e-mail and they will be promptly removed. We are not responsible for content on any external website, and a link to such site does not signify endorsement. Comments which are said explicitly or expressed in defamatory statements is bound to sedition laws from the commentator's country of origin, and may be used against the said commentator. Comments left by comment authors is the sole responsibility of the respective comment authors.